11. Columbian Exchange: The widespread exchange of plants, animals, culture, people (including slaves), disease, technology, and ideas between New World: America, and the Old Word: Africa, and Europe. Instigated by Columbus’s voyage
12. Great Convergence: 1400-1800 where there became a tightly connected global economy. It described how many cultures began to interconnect and change because of the new global trade system.
13. Supply and Demand: Economic theory about how prices are set on the availability and want of a product.
14. Import: To bring goods into the country to buy
15. Export: To send goods out of the country to sell
16. Economy: The way a society organizes the manufacture and exchange of things of value. Money, food, products, and services.
17. Indentured servant :A person who works for 7 years to pay off a debt, and after they are a free person
18. Slave: A Person under the ownership of another who they must obey. In the Americas this became a permanent class of people.
19. Missionary: A person sent on a religious mission, especially one to promote Christianity in a foreign country
20. Colony: An area of land that is controlled by another country, often for use of their natural resources.