91. _____Confederation: Organization of groups in an alliance
92. _____ Democracy system of government where all people or all eligible citizens vote, often through elected representatives.
93. _____ Republic A country governed by elected representatives and ruled by the laws set up by them.
94. _____ Enlightenment The “Age of Reason” in the 17th and 18th century. These thinkers emphasized using rational thought to discover truths about nature and society. Science over religion and tradition.
95. _____Monarchy A government run by a ruler who often comes to power by birth. Often called a king or queen.
96. _____Dictatorship A government with a ruler with total power over a country, typically one who has obtained power by force.
97. _____Oligarchy a small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution
98. _____ Constitutional Convention Meeting called to order to decide the governmental fate of America.
99. _____ Delegates Representatives selected by each state to represent the American people and reform the government during the Constitutional Convention.
100. _____ Articles of Confederation Governing document of the United States of America which set up a system of loyalty but gave most powers to the individual states after the Revolution.