101. _____Popular Sovereignty The natural rights concept that says the ultimate power an authority of the government rests with the people.
102. _____Ratification To give legal approval to (by voting)
103. _____Federalism A form of government where power is divided between the national (federal) government and the state/local government
104. _____Unicameral Having or consisting of a single legislative chamber.
105. _____Bicameral Having or consisting of two legislative chambers.
106. _____Anti-Federalism A government where the federal government’s power is very limited and states have a significant amount.
107. _____ Amendment A change or addition to a legal document.
108. _____ Necessary and Proper Clause “Elastic clause” allows the government to extend their powers listed in the constitution to follow the “spirit” of the law and carry out their jobs
109. _____ inalienable rights Rights that cannot be taken away, and intrinsic to our human existence.
110. _____ bill of rights The first ten amendments to the Constitution. It lists basic rights that the federal government cannot take away and must protect.