172. Monroe Doctrine: US policy that said any intervention by European powers in politics in the Americas was a potential aggressive act against the US
173. James Madison: 4th President of the USA. He was a founding father who wrote the Constitution, signed the Non-Intercourse Act, and dealt with the War of 1812.
174. Manifest Destiny: American belief that America should spread across the continent.
175. Nationalism: Patriotic feeling and focus on your country as a whole, even thinking your country is superior over others.
176. Andrew Jackson: 7th President who fought in the Revolutionary war, and was a hero of the war of 1812.
177. Indian Removal Act: Law that provided for the general resettlement of Native Americans from lands east of the Mississippi River to lands in the west.
178. Spoils System: Practice of a successful political party giving public office to its supporters
179. Trail of Tears : The route along with the government forced several tribes of Native Americans to reservations in the west where thousands died along the way.
180. Pioneer: A person who is among the first to explore or settle in an area of land.