Ms. Kasper's Social Studies Class
Study, Study, Study
Cycle 1: Unit 1: Native Americans and the Great Convergence
Cycle 1: Unit 2: Colonization
Cycle 1: Unit 3: The American Revolution
Cycle 2: Unit 4: The Constitution
Cycle 2: Unit 5 The Growth of Democracy
Cycle 3:Unit 6 Manifest Destiny
Cycle 3: Unit 7 Reform Movements and Sectional Differences and Unit 8 African American Culture
Cycle 4: Unit 9 Civil War Causes
Cycle 4: Unit 10 The Civil War
Cycle 4: Unit 10 Reconstruction
key terms to know
111. I can examine the Baltimore Plot and grade Lincoln's response.
112. I can examine Lincoln's First Inaugural Address and grade its effectiveness.
Lincoln's 1st Inaugural Adress
Video Analysis of Lincoln's First Inaugural Address
114. I can contrast the strengths and weaknesses of the North and South during the Civil War.
97. I can contrast Presidents Abraham Lincoln and Jefferson Davis.
PPt on LIncoln and DAvis
lincoln and Davis reading
I can analyze the impact of the Battle of Bull Run.
115. I can examine the Battle of Antietam's and the Union's battle strategy.
117. I can examine Lincoln's use of the telegraph.
115. I can examine Lincoln's order of Habeas Corpus and grade its use.
Habeas Corpus worksheets
118. I can examine the Emancipation Proclamation and its effectiveness.
Emancipation proc worksheets
10 facts about the emancipation proclomation
I can analyze the realities of the Civil War.
120. I can analyze Gettysburg and how it became the turning point of the war.
122. I can examine the Gettysburg Address and its effectiveness.
gettysburg address worksheet
video and additional info
103. I can describe the impact of the 54th regiment.
54th Massachusetts regiment
104. I can analyze the impact of the Battle of Vicksburg and its ironclad ships.
lincoln's second INAUGURAL address analysis
105. I can explain the impact of Sherman's march to the sea. I can explain why the war ended.
Assassination plot video
For extra credit students can research a topic at this website. All options are on the left side of the screen, listed. They then create a memory box or lap book containing:
vocabulary with definitions that help us understand this person/event/idea
biography of the person/description of the event
surprising fact cards
at least 4 artifacts
a letter written like a primary source about this
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.