Ms. Kasper's Social Studies Class
Study, Study, Study
Cycle 1: Unit 1: Native Americans and the Great Convergence
Cycle 1: Unit 2: Colonization
Cycle 1: Unit 3: The American Revolution
Cycle 2: Unit 4: The Constitution
Cycle 2: Unit 5 The Growth of Democracy
Cycle 3:Unit 6 Manifest Destiny
Cycle 3: Unit 7 Reform Movements and Sectional Differences and Unit 8 African American Culture
Cycle 4: Unit 9 Civil War Causes
Cycle 4: Unit 10 The Civil War
Cycle 4: Unit 10 Reconstruction
Unit 4 The American Revolution
This unit will cover the causes of the American Revolution and the war itself.
Name that Tune Revolutionary War Song
29. French and Indian War: I can explain what caused the French and Indian War and the effects of the war.
Questions for the text
804 and 805 materials
#30 I can analyze the Declaration of Independence and explain their grievances.
31. I can describe the taxes imposed on the colonies and explain the colonists's reaction to them.
32. vocab #41-50
33. I can analyze why colonists chose to b e a patriot, loyalist, or neutral.
35. I can analyze the Boston Massacre and judge who was at fault.
LInk to Videos and Pictures
readings, pictures and student document
37. I can explain the causes of the Boston Tea Party and its effects.
tea party power point
38. I can explain who the Sons of Liberty were and the English government's view of them.
39. I can explain how the Sons of Liberty built support with the First Great Awakening and Common Sense.
Used textbook to take notes.
Common sense reading
41. I can explain the First Continental Congress and its impact.
Used textbook pages 113-114
Continental Congress reading
42. I can explain the events at Lexington and Concord
43. I can explain the Declaration of Independence in my own words and analyze its impact.
declaration of independence lesson materials used in class
45. I can compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses of the British and Colonial forces.
I can explain the Revolutionary War.
46. I can describe the key battles and events of the Revolutionary war.
47. I can explain the treaty of paris.
I can review the Causes of the revolution for my test.
Additional Materials not used 2017-2018 school year
Create a free website