21. Charter: Official written orders from the King to settle in a new land and claiming the land for their country
22. Settlemen:t Area of land that is claimed by a country and starts as a small community of colonists
23. Trappers: Adventurers who capture and kill animals for their fur
24. Puritan: People who wanted to “purify” the English Church and simplify its ceremonies and eliminate high ranking officials.
25. Tolerance: A willingness to accept other people’s beliefs and religion.
26. Persecution: Harassment and mistreatment of a group of people for their beliefs, ethnicity, race, etc.
27. Colonist: A person who lives outside of their homeland but in a colony controlled by their home country
28. Immigrant: A person who has come to live in a new country often due to persecution and/or lack of resources back in their country of origin.
29. Quaker: People who were in the Religious Society of Friends, a Christian group devoted to peace with no formal systems of worship
30. Emigrate: To leave one’s own country in order to settle permanently in another