131. _____George Washington First president of the United States of America who set the precedents of how a president should act and what kind of role they can take.
132. _____Precedent An action or event that is set as an example and guide to future events or actions.
133. _____ inauguration A formal ceremony to mark the beginning of something, such as a president’s term of office
134. _____ Neutrality A policy of not choosing sides in a war or dispute between other countries
135. _____ Alexander Hamilton: Founding father who was the first secretary of the treasury , a leader of the federalists.
136. _____Thomas Jefferson Founding father who was the first secretary of state, third president, and founder of the Democratic - Republican Party. He wrote the Declaration of Independence and bought the Louisiana territory.
137. _____ John Adams First vice president and second president of the USA. He was a Federalist and struggled to deal with international and internal affairs.
138. _____ Impressment The act in which men are captured and forced into naval service; most often by the British royal navy.
139. _____ aliens: People who have come from other countries and are not yet citizens
140. ____ sedition The crime of encouraging rebellion against the government