6.2 SS HOMEWORK 4/23-4/27
Vocab HW: #221-230 Due on Friday 4/27
Edpuzzle video: 6.2 “was the war over slavery” will be due Wed 4/25
Textbook homework for 801, 802, 803: Due Friday 4/20 Answer on notebook page U:A dividing nation
--read pages 542-547. Answer on 547: 1a-b, 2a-b, 3a-b AND read pages 548-552. Answer on 552: 1a-b, 2a-c, 3b-c
Workbook homework 804 and 805: Due Friday 4/27
-- Complete workbook pages #208-213
Projects: Revised North v South essay due Monday 4/23
• Vocab Quiz for all students 4/27
I can contrast the North and South.
Contrast two competing regional characteristics of the North and South that will lead to sectional differences.
Hypothesize how those characteristics lead to sectionalism and conflict between the North and South, and eventually Civil War.
Why can’t we all get along? Analyze why the South felt it had to leave the Union. Support with evidence from the texts.
The website http://nkaspers.weebly.com and https://www.hmhco.com/one Is for all online materials for the textbook
Vocab HW: Due on Friday 6.2 Term 6 Week 2
For each word you must
1. Write a sentence using the word giving an example or context that shows you know what the word means. EX. Our ancestors used to be nomadic because they had to follow their food supply. NOT People are nomadic.
2. EITHER draw a picture for the word OR give a synonym OR give an antonym
****Your paper should be formatted like this:
--Full name in upper left hand corner with class number and date assignment is due.
--Each word is numbered as follows
221. _____ Popular Sovereignty
222. _____ Free Soilers
223. _____ Bleeding Kansas
224. _____ Charles Sumner
225. _____ Preston Brooks
226. _____ Chief Justice Roger Taney
227. _____ Dred Scott
228. _____ Uncle Tom’s Cabin
229. _____ Perspective
230. _____ Portray